Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Spy thriller action movies: James Bond in Dr. No is my fav!

Dr. No was the first James Bond spy movie, and it still is my favorite. I watched it in 1962, in my youth. Sean Connery remains my favorite James Bond character, and he was age 32 when it was produced.

He was a hit with the producers, too, for they hired him on to roll out the next 6 James Bond movies over a period of 9 years. I was addicted to them all: the 1963 hit From Russia With Love with the evil Blofeld; Goldfinger in 1964, when Connery reached the ripe age of 35; Thunderball in 1965, and You Only Live Twice in 1967. 

Sean Connery and his 007 thriller movies were the reason I started writing spy thrillers. I loved them all, but Dr. No remains my favorite. This cool video shows a scene from Dr. No, when Bond arrives at the Jamaican airport in Montego Bay. RIP, Sean Connery, and thank you for the many years of entertainment. 

No comments: